Here are just a few perfect places to spread your picnic rug.
1. Port Noarlunga – Down by the river on River Road.
There are many more secluded spots for you to discover …
2. McLaren Vale – One of the many picturesque wineries.
3. Willunga – A picnic amongst the roses on Aldinga Road.
4. Port Willunga – Sit atop the cliffs or on the beach – it’s near perfect on the Esplanade.
5. Goolwa – Watch the boats sail by on the Wharf.
6. Mt Compass – Picnic in the park on Victor Harbor Road.
8. Currency Creek – Lions Club Reserve with a wonderful walk to a small rock pool.
Off the Goolwa to Strathalbyn Road.
9. Port Elliot – Overlooking Horseshoe Bay, now that’s a view! Off the Strand at Freeman’s Nob.
10. Rapid Bay – On the foreshore overlooking Lady Bay off the Rapid Bay Road.
11. Victor Harbor – Warland Reserve with just a short walk across the causeway to Granite Island.
12. Hindmarsh Falls – A view of waterfalls, picnic in a tranquil bush land setting, off Hindmarsh Tiers Rd.
13. Langhorne Creek – Frank Potters Reserve with a winery nearby.
14. Strathalbyn – A special picnic in manicured gardens with a delightful children’s bridge on Rankine Rd.
15. Kuitpo – Picnic amongst the pines.
20. Deep Creek Conservation Park – So close to nature and fresh, off Range Road. Click on the map to enlarge. Click here to download PDF.